Israeli cuisine comprises diverse foods that have crossed their original borders and become vital in the Israeli kitchen. Shakshukah, schnitzel, tahini, humus, cottage cheese, malawach, and others are suitable examples to highlight the intermingling of cuisines.
The number of restaurants serving Israeli food in Los Angeles has increased significantly, with a new willingness to serve not just regular Middle Eastern cuisine but Israeli food as well.
Serving the Israeli Cuisine Culture on a Plate
Israel and America are melting pots. They’re made up of immigrant cuisines that have, over the years, become appealing to people. Most city restaurants, such as Habayit, are bringing distinct combinations of traditions and ingredients from Israel to the US market.
Israeli food – falafel, pita, humus, tahini, babaganush – trends and transforms the way Americans cook and eat. The chefs create rich, satisfying dishes from basic ingredients like rice, chickpeas, eggplant, beets, and winter squash. By pouring a few drops of olive oil and some Greek yogurt or tahini, a humble vegetable can be transformed into a delicious and appetizing main dish.
The Best Israeli Foods in Los Angeles
The Israeli culture prioritizes family and social gatherings, with food as a central feature. Consequently, it is easy to find something delicious on the menu.
Here’s a look at some of the best Israeli foods you can enjoy at Habayit.
- Humus – Eat it like a dip, condiment, or entire meal. Made with whole chickpeas, it is served with olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Shakshukah – A breakfast staple in Israel, the dish comprises poached eggs with piping hot, rich tomato, chili, and garlic sauce.
- Babaganush – The appetizer comprises finely chopped roasted eggplant, lemon juice, olive oil, different seasonings, and tahini.
- Falafel – Using ground chickpeas, falafel is delicious deep-fried, crispy balls of heaven.
- Shawarma – The popular dish contains thin slices of meat stacked in an inverted cone and cooked low and slow. They are served wrapped in a pita.
Habayit Restaurant serves scrumptious Israeli food in Los Angeles. The catering services include two entrees, a variety of appetizers, and a side. By paying extra, you can add on beverages, soups, and desserts. The catering package price differs based on the number of people in your order.
So, call (310) 479 – 7173 for delivery or catering of authentic kosher Israeli food online.